Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How to Make Lemon AEbleskivers able in a Lodge Cast Iron Pan

I love trying unique recipes, especially cooking in cast iron pans. So when I found this Lodge Cast Iron AEbleskiver pan online, I was thrilled to try it. I also bought this AEbleskiver and More "A Sampling of Danish Recipes" cookbook off Amazon and in this video I am cooking the Lemon-flavored AEbleskiver recipe. Danish AEbleskivers are sort of a cross between pancakes and donuts. This recipe has 2 1/2 cups of buttermilk and 6 eggs, which I think contributed to their light and fluffy texture. We served them with jam, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. AEbleskivers are a fun alternative to the traditional pancake and waffle recipes. Plus I think it would be fun to make corn bread balls in this cast iron pan as well. Most everything I cook is with Lodge cast iron skillets - they are practically indestructible, affordable, cook quickly and brown nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment